Initiating the Transfer of your Domain
So you have completed the checklist here - Domain Transfer | Part 2 - Preparing for the Transfer and you are now prepared to transfer your domain name to Webs.com. You can initiate the transfer of your domain name through the Premium --> Domains section of your account
Note: While most domain names require an authorization code in order to initiate the transfer of the domain name to a new registrar. For non-realtime domain names (such as .co.uk) you will need to provide your existing registrar with our IPS tag.
Tip: The IPS tag for Webs is ENOM.
How to Start the Transfer
- Log into the webs.com account you are transferring your domain name to
- Visit the Premium section of your Account
- Then click on the Domains option in the gray bar
- Scroll down to the section labeled Transfer a Domain
- Type in the Authorization Code you received via email
- Click the Transfer Domain button
- Select the additional options for your domain such as Custom Email Options and Privacy Protection
- Click Next
- Review your order then proceed to checkout
- On the checkout page enter your billing information, read the Registration Agreement
- Click Next only once to process your order and start the transfer process
Note: You can manage the status of your Domain Transfer at any time through the Premium Services section of your account.