Web Store | eCommerce
The Web Store application allows you to use PayPal and Google Checkout quickly and easily on your site. You can add products, images of the products, sales, inventory and much more using the Web Store.
How to Add a Web Store
The first step to having a Web Store on your site is to add the Web Store Application. The Web Store application can be added through the Site Manager in the Edit Site section of your account.
- ClickEdit Site in your account
- By default you are in the Site Manager
- Click the Add a New Page button under My Pages
- Give your Web Store a name and click create
- You will be redirected to the Web Store editor
Web Store Settings
The Web Store Settings section allows you to set up the most important part of your web store; setting up your payment methods.
In this section you will need to set up your PayPal and/or Google Checkout accounts so that you can accept payments for your items.
Additionally you can select your default currency, store description, policies, and confirmation/cancel messages for PayPal customers.
Note: You will need to create your PayPal or Google Checkout account with PayPal and Google Checkout before you can add them to your Web Store.
Offer PayPal Checkout as a payment option to your Web Store shoppers by providing your PayPal email address here. The PayPal email address is the email address associated with your PayPal account for receiving payments.
If you do not already have a PayPal account you can create one at PayPal.com.
Google Checkout Setup
Offer Google Checkout as a payment option to your Web Store shoppers by providing your Google Merchant ID and merchant key. Check the box to offer Google Checkout option to shoppers and you will be able to provide your Google Merchant information. If you do not have a Google Merchant account you can create one at checkout.google.com.
Tip: Google Checkout allows you to set up a tax that will be applied to the entire order if your customer checks out with Google Checkout.
Note: Once you login to your Google Merchant account, you must uncheck the "My company will only post digitally signed carts" box to accept unsigned shopping carts.
This can be done by clicking the Settings tab, then the Integration link on the left side.
Where to locate your Merchant ID and Merchant Key
- Log into your Google Checkout Account at checkout.google.com
- Click the Settings tab
- On the left side of your screen, select Integration
- On the bottom right, under Account Information you will find your Merchant ID and Merchant Key
- Default Currency Type Options
- USD United States Dollars
- EUR Euros
- GBP British Pounds
- AUD Australian Dollars
- CAD Canadian Dollars
- CZK Czech Koruna
- DKK Danish Kroner
- NZD New Zealand Dollars
- NOK Norwegian Kroner
- SEK Swedish Kroner
- CHF Swiss Francs
- JPY Yen
- Store Description
- Store Policies (to appear on the view shopping cart page)
- PayPal Instructions Field*
- Purchase Confirmation Message
- Purchase Cancel Message
- Default Sort (Premium Only - Starter, Enhanced and Pro Packages)
*The PayPal instructions field is for to add any relevant information you wish to be visible to shoppers when purchasing an item. A good example is "Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery." You can use this field however you wish.
Categories allow you to create virtual "isles" to your Web Store. Group products by category to make it easier for your shoppers to find exactly what they are looking for.
Products are the items you plan to sell in your store. You can give the product a name, description (in rich text) and and upload an image for the product.
Note: Free users can add 5 total products to the Web Store. Premium subscribers can add more depending on the package you have. For more information on Premium Services, click here! Or, log into your account and visit the Premium Services section through the Control Panel.
- Product Image
Price and Tax
Options and Inventory
Using the product options feature will allow you to include a drop down list that your customers can select from. For instance, if you have a shirt that comes in small, medium or large, you will want to add each as a Product Option.
Note: Tracking Inventory is a premium feature included with the Enhanced or Pro packages only. Need help setting up your Inventory Tracking? Click here! For more information on Premium Services, click here! Or, log into your account and visit the Premium Services section through the Control Panel.
The status of an item will show up on a banner over the item picture in your webstore. The hidden option will hide the item from the public webstore listing, and the sold out and coming soon options will make it so the item is not available for purchase, but displays in the webstore with a banner.
- Active - the default status for an item
- New - select this status to have a banner of New show up on the image
- Hidden - this status will hide the product from your web store. This option is good if you are preparing to launch the store, or a sale, and aren't ready to have people purchase yet.
- On Sale - this will have a banner of Sale appear on the image of your product
- Sold Out - select this status to have a banner of Sold Out appear on your product, or if you have the inventory option, it will automatically appear when you have sold out your inventory
- Coming Soon - select this status to have a Coming Soon banner appear on the image for the product
Tip: This product has the status of "New". It automatically places a New! banner on the product.
Webstore and Sidebars
If you have enabled sidebars on your website all newly added products will appear as Featured Products in your Web store Sidebar.