Can I use PayPal and Google Checkout on my Website?
Yes! We offer an application that will allow you to directly integrate your PayPal or Google Checkout account with your site in an easy to use Web Store. For more information on the Web Store, check out the following link.
If the Web Store application does not suit your needs you can add PayPal and Google Checkout buttons directly on any Normal page.
How to Add Payment Buttons to a Normal Page
There are two ways to add PayPal buttons to a normal page. You can use the options in our Widget Bank, or you can add your own button code. In this article we will cover both options.
Important: If you want to add your button code to a Sidebar module please see the section below on creating your own button code.
Using the Widget Bank
- Edit the Page you want to add the PayPal or Google Checkout button to
- Click in a Content Box or add a new one
- Click the Add-Ons button to get to the Widget Bank
Once you are in the Widget Bank:
- Select Tools
- Scroll down to and click on eCommerce
- Select the button you want to add and fill out the Widget Settings section
- Click Insert This Widget
Generating Your Own Button Code
Tip: If you want to add buttons to your Sidebars you will need to use this option. It is strongly recommended to create the buttons in their own content boxes or modules until you are sure you have properly generated the code. This way if there is an error with the code it should not affect the rest of your content.
Generating the Code for PayPal Buttons
- Log into your PayPal account
- Click Merchant Services
- Select the button you want to create under Create Buttons
- Follow the steps provided by PayPal to create your button and copy the code they provide once you are done
Note: PayPal offers their Merchant Services tools to upgraded PayPal accounts only. Your PayPal account must be a Premier or Business account.
Generating the Code for Google Checkout
- Log into your Google Checkout account
- Click Tools
- Select the Buy Now or Google Checkout shopping cart option
- Follow the steps provided by Google to create your button and copy the code they provide once you are done
Adding the Button Code to your Site (PayPal and Google Checkout)
- Edit the Content Box or the custom Sidebar Module you want to add the button code to
- Click the HTML option and paste your code
- Save your changes and view your site
Tip: It is strongly recommended to create the buttons in their own content boxes or modules until you are sure you have properly generated the code. This way if there is an error with the code it should not affect the rest of your content.