How to Update your Registration Information
It is important to keep your Registration/WhoIs information up to date. Important notices about your domain name are sent to the registrant email address, including your EPP or Authorization code.
If your domain name is registered with Webs, you can update your Registration or WhoIS information at any time.
Updating your Registration / WhoIS information
- Go to the Premium section of your account
- Click Settings next to the domain name you need to manage
The first tab is labeled WhoIs. In this section you can update your Registrant information. Make sure the Registrant, Tech, Admin, and AuxBilling email addresses are all up to date, and click Next to save your changes.
Which information is required for my domain's WHOIS record?
For GTLDs (.COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO) ICANN states that the following must be present on all WHOIS records:
- The name and postal address of the registered name holder
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the registered name
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the registered name
Requirements for country specific domains varies. Please check with each respective country's registry for their WHOIS information requirements.
TIP: You can subscribe to Privacy Protect for most domain names. This optional paid service shows our name and street address, and an email address that forwards any messages we receive to you.